Till the Last Gasp is a dramatic 2-player storytelling game of duels coming to tables in March 2023 from designer Will Hindmarch (Gameplaywright, Hookseed Vol. 1) with additional design by Alex Roberts (Star Crossed: The Two-Player Game of Forbidden Love, For the Queen!).
Spanning genres and settings, this game takes you straight to the action of two characters in conflict—and as blows are exchanged, emotions are betrayed, secrets are revealed, and stakes are raised. Till the Last Gasp uniquely enables you to capture the climax of great cinema fights and clashes from stories we all know and love, and new stories you’ll make through play.
Whom is it for?
- Board game enthusiasts will be at home with the out-of-the-box play and guided Drama Cards to ground their storytelling.
- Roleplaying gamers will enjoy acting out intimate confrontations with characters from pre-existing game campaigns, media they love, or a world and characters imagined on the fly.
- With play lasting about an hour, it’s a great date-night activity or spur-of-the-moment game night for players of all skill levels.
Till the Last Gasp lets you—
Describe and Dramatize: Till the Last Gasp draws steel and goes for the heart! This is a storytelling game as much about your character’s innermost feelings as it is about armor or weapons. A duel flourishes to life with the drama you bring to each move. Reflect the heat of your conflict in your surroundings: smash vases, swing from chandeliers, and scar machinery with laser swords.
Duel in Any Setting: Play fist-fighting monks, gunslingers on a windswept plain, high-tech laser sharpshooters, and wielders of the arcane arts! Till the Last Gasp can accommodate nearly any setting and a wide variety of genres and characters. You can even import characters from other storytelling games or media you love! It is a game of two characters locked in conflict, discovering something deep at the heart of it.
Dive Right In: All you need are two players (and an optional facilitator), the box, and your imagination to play. Create new characters and worlds on the spot—or use its ready scenarios for quick, no-prep play.
The Till the Last Gasp box contains:
- A 40-page rulebook with step-by-step instructions and examples of play, as well as three pre-made scenarios to dive into
- 2 Twenty-sided Duel Dice
- 20 Six-sided Edge Dice
- 2 Player Boards
- 9 Jumbo Map Cards for thrilling, genre-spanning backdrops to your duels
- 12 Premade characters for quick play
- 2 Blank character sheets
- A Drama Deck, giving you prompts to dramatize your duel, like, “Insist to your foe that they are making a mistake. Tell them what it is.” and, “Admit a secret it has pained you to keep hidden.”
- Objectives and Stance Cards
- Tokens and trackers