Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Power Behind Throne — Enemy Within, Part 3
Welcome to part 3 of the revised and updated Director’s Cut of the Enemy Within! Power Behind the Throne, arguably the best WFRP adventure ever written, carries on from where Death of the Reik left off, taking your brave heroes from Altdorf to the city of Middenheim, a towering city-state in the north of the Empire where trouble brews and a play for power is made.
Power Behind the Throne includes:
- The next adventure of the Enemy Within campaign: Power Behind the Throne, which is revised and updated by Graeme Davis, legendary WFRP author, and one of the original writers of the campaign. This adventure is significantly expanded, making it the largest adventure so far in the Enemy Within campaign—and an unmissable experience for any roleplaying fan.
- A wide selection of “Grognard Boxes” that add entirely new ways to play through the adventures, ensuring even those who have played the Enemy Within campaign before will find Power Behind the Throne fresh and new.
Enemy Within is the campaign all roleplayers should play at least once in their lives, making Power Behind the Throne an essential purchase for all gamers.
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Power Behind the Throne Companion
The Power Behind the Throne Companion is the third of Cubicle 7’s five-part series of companion volumes to the Enemy Within campaign. It is packed with supplementary material to not only expand Power Behind the Throne but also support any WFRP games set in the Empire.
Power Behind the Throne Companion includes:
- Guest Commentaries: A eulogy to the incomparable Carl Sargent, the original author of Power Behind the Throne, and a commentary from Derrick Norton, the original developer of the 1st edition.
- Deleted Scenes: The Graf’s Garden Party, The Wine of Madness, Watch the Birdie, and Down Among Deadmen, each offering updated and expanded scenes.
- The Ritual: An adventure that foreshadows the worst of what’s lo come in the Enemy Within part 4, The Horned Rat!
- Flying Death Skulls: A new updated adventure based upon Carl Sargant’s WFRP 1st edition adventure The Grapes of Wrath.
- The Cult of Ulric: A close examination of the most influential cult in the north of the Empire.
- Familiar Faces: A guide to bringing NPCs from earlier in the campaign back into your adventures.
- The Jade Sceptre: A GM’s Guide: complete breakdown of the Jade Sceptre, one of the largest Slaane,sh cults of the Empire,
- An entirely new selection of major NPCs to add to the Power Behind the Throne, or any adventure in Midclenheim.
- Golthog the Ogre: An expanded and updated version
- The Changeling: How to use the sinister Tzeentch Daemon, the Changeling, in your games—it can completely change the Enemy Within campaign!
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Power Behind the Throne — Enemy Within, Part 3 Collector's Edition
This beautifully finished, exclusive Collector’s Edition set includes Power Behind the Throne and the Companion presented in a slipcase featuring the artwork from the standard editions.
Crack the Code
Players: 1–4 • Ages: 14+ • Play time: 30 min.
Crack the Code is a limited-communication, cooperative puzzle game. Players form a hacker team trying to compile a piece of code before their program is terminated when they run out of moves. Players can see the marbles in front of their teammates, but not the marbles in their own tray. Using different action cards, the team can rearrange the marbles to compile the sequence in time!
Players: 2–10 • Ages: 14+ • Play time: 20 min.
Quest is a quick, modern, and dark twist on The Resistance: Avalon. Players can no longer vote to approve teams. If tides turn against Good, the Loyal Servants of Arthur have one last shot to figure out who the Minions of Mordred are and to stop Evil from ruling the day. But they must be wary of Morgan le Fay who is a master at avoiding detection.
Players are secretly dealt roles that determine if their allegiance is to Good or to Evil. Then, players debate, reason, and lie as they decide who to send on Quests—knowing that if just one Minion of Mordred joins, the Quest could fail. Quest includes 18 distinct characters.
Players: 2–10 • Ages: 8+ • Play time: 15 min.
In Hey Yo, players take turns lining up cards with the rhythm. Work together and aim for the high score! Hey Yo comes with a small rhythm-making machine included in the box. You can even split up into teams and give the team battle rules a try.
Players take turns playing cards to the rhythm with the goal of lining up the same symbols shown on the cards. They must play a card in time with the beep or they’ll receive a penalty. So players need to work together by exchanging information about the cards in their hands and quickly decide which card they need to play next. Sometimes you might even need to play a card in a hurry that doesn’t connect at all! Can you break the high score with some nice teamwork?
The Dragon & Flagon: The Brew That Is True
The Dragon and Flagon is a chaotic, fantasy tavern brawl where adventurers of all kinds battle their way to glory in the bar fight to end all bar fights. Each character has their own set of abilities that they can program into their action queue to help them come out of the battle with a glowing reputation.
he Brew That Is True expansion includes three new additions to the game: nine new characters with unique capabilities, magical potions with a variety of wild and unpredictable effects, and bookshelves that can be sent toppling to and change the layout of the bar entirely! All the components of this expansion can be mixed and matched as desired with everything from the original The Dragon and Flagon!
On the Rocks
On the Rocks is a marble-drafting, drink-recipe-fulfillment game. Welcome to On The Rocks Cocktail Lounge, where the city’s best Mixologists expertly prepare cocktails that the patrons are craving.
In this competitive bartending game, players complete cocktails for money and additional tips, but beware of rival Mixologists removing and spilling ingredients from your cocktails. Players will select 3 or 4 cocktails to prepare and serve. Complete three rounds of play until the Last Call is made. The Mixologist who has the most cocktail sales and tips after Last Call is the winner of the night! Cheers, and roll responsibly!
Bolt Action: Campaign D-Day — U.S. Sector
This Bolt Action installment covers the fiercely contested U.S. sectors of D-Day, including the beaches of Omaha and Utah. This new Campaign Book for Bolt Action allows players to refight the fierce American beach landings, beachhead breakouts, and Airborne assaults. New, linked scenarios, rules, troop types, and Theatre Selectors provide plenty of options for both novice and veteran players alike.