Organized Play is all about providing fun experiences that keep bringing players back to your store. League Play is the perfect accompaniment to other events in your store. Not only is it fun for the players but it also helps boost sales. You will see increased sales, not only for the League product, but in card protectors, deck boxes, snacks, drinks, etc. The more players in your store the more sales opportu-nities you will have.
What is a League?
Players use Sealed packs to build decks. They play against opponents whenever they can but are not allowed to play the same opponent twice running. Manufactur-ers often have sanctioning available for Leagues. This will help the store meet any sanctioning / reporting requirements.
Sample League rules:
- The League Play will run over three or four weeks
- Players purchase six booster packs to build their decks.
- Players can not trade cards.
- At the end of each week players can purchase a new booster with which to evolve their decks.
- After three losses, players have the option to purchase another booster pack to further modify their decks.
- Players may not play the same person twice running. Some leagues go so far as to prohibit players from playing a person twice until they’ve played every-one once or the week ends.
- If you feel it necessary to track decks, use some form of deck registration for all the cards in the boosters opened. This will obviously add to your level of involvement.
- You may want to select a night as the official league night but allow players to play anytime during the week.
- Keep track of wins and losses awarding one point for a loss and three for a win.
- Award prizes to the highest point gaining players with random prizes to the rest of the field.
- Ensure to charge for entry to cover the cost of prizes, etc.
For more OP ideas contact Ian Richards at email@example.com