Coqui Hobby Distribution is proud to announce a distribution partnership with: Force of Will. Force of Will are the designers and manufacturers for their Trading Card Game of the same name, Force of Will.
Various Types of Cards for Force of Will
There are five types of cards for players to choose from in Force of Will to construct their decks. Deck construction is centered around the abilities of what is called a “Ruler”, think of these cards like a general or leader.
- Ruler/J-Ruler: The Ruler card is the decks design core and backbone, with strong powers and the ability to draw cards from your Magic Stone Deck, it is vital to your success. They can also initiate their “Judgement” power, by flipping over and becoming a J-Ruler card. These J-Rulers will join your other cards on the field and have a different set of powers.
- Resonator: These cards you cast/summon into the field to help you attack your opponent or defend against their attacks. These cards can be destroyed during play and removed from the field.
- Spell: Players will cast these cards to help their own Resonator cards, hinder their opponents or various other in-game effects. Spell cards do not enter the field and are discarded once played.
- Addition: Like Spells, Addition cards have abilities that will effect Resonator cards in the field. Unlike Spells, Addition cards are played to the field and stay there after cast, constantly affecting the fields game state.
- Magic Stone: These cards produce the precious resource: Will. There are 5 types of Will: Light , Fire , Water , Wind , and Darkness . There are 2 other Will that are not elemental: Void and Moon . Players will use their Ruler to draw these cards from their Magic Stone Deck and place them in the field to be used to cast cards from their hand.
How Force of Will Reigns
Unlike most TCGs, Force of Will has players choosing a Ruler to be the general/champion of their deck, this card puts the game in motion. These Rulers are powerful and can have great effect on the out come of the game. Rulers have a Judgment cost, and when met they will flip over to reveal a more powerful form of the Ruler and are then referred to as J-Rulers. Similar to a Resonator, J-Rulers also enter the field of the game and have an attack and defense value. If the defense value is ever reduced to zero, they are not removed from the game but are instead moved back to the Ruler area and lose their abilities.
Force of Will comes bearing some amazing artwork and a very unique theme of variations from fairy tales. For example: Little Dread, The Fake Red Moon is a play on Little Red Riding Hood but has a much more aggressive and dark theme. Here are some others that I thought were interesting.
Force of Will is sold in packs and starter decks. The packs are 10 cards each and are randomly packaged. A Booster Box display comes with 36 packs. A case will consist of 6 Booster Box displays.
Starter Decks come with a pre-constructed deck of 50 cards, designed to play well together. These also come with a Rule Sheet, Play Mat and a reference sheet/card. Every display of starter decks has 5 different deck types, giving players the option to choose the Will of their choice.
The Moon Princess Returns
Coqui is excited to bring you the newest set: The Moon Priestess Returns. This is a great entry point for new players, as this set finally allows players to make an entire deck of cards by combining previously released cards and ones yet to be released. Brand new to the game are 2 manifestations: V-Will and Moon Will, with multiple card attributes, these cards will add diversity unlike any cards before.
Contact your Account Manager today to get your orders in for this hot new set. We are happy to be THE distributor to bring this hot new game to you from Japan. Be sure to stay tuned for more announcements on Force of Will and Coqui.